Friday, October 15, 2010

Hola!

I had a phone interview yesterday with four people from the Peace Corps: The country director for Mexico, the Technology Transfer Program director and two others. It could not have gone better. They were enthusiastic about what I would bring to the position and are recommending me for several openings. The next step is to get approval from the sponsoring organizations in the country. The soonest I will hear is early November.

I also learned more about the positions they are recommending me for: I would work with scientists and engineers at a research and technology center or university in a medium to large city to help them improve their business, communication, management and English skills. They wondered if that sounded OK to me. I resisted saying "DUH!" and instead said "It sounds like it's made to order," and they agreed. Then I said "I hope the organizations agree with you and me," and they said "We'll do everything we can to make that happen, and we hope to see you in March."

I have already purchased The Rosetta Stone Spanish (for Latin America) Level 1. Oy gevult. (<-- not Spanish).

This is definitely not a typical Peace Corps assignment. I was prepared to use a squat toilet and fetch water from a community well if I had to. But I'll adapt.

I'll report back in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful....sounds like interview went very well..the adventure continues (and you haven't even left home yet) !

    ReplyDelete