Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I heard a heartbeat!

I heard from the Peace Corps today. WAHOO!!! There's no specific assignment yet, but the call was to give me a heads up that there's a good match for me in the Technology Transfer Program. The program looks for people with business skills and backgrounds in areas such as organizational development and communication to fill site-specific needs within a country. The Peace Corps works in partnership with these organizations, which would sponsor my visa, but it would still be a Peace Corps position. I was told to expect a call within the next two weeks for an interview. In the meantime, the Placement Office is waiting to hear back on some other positions that are also a good fit. It's nice to be able to post some progress on my blog, and even nicer to know my file is still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment